*** SUMMER CAMPS BEGIN MAY 31st ***
About Us: Why DAPA?
- Train with highly qualified and educated coaches who are experts in movement
- Train at a world-class facility where some of the best professional athletes in the country train (NFL, MLB, NHL, PGA, WTA, USA Track & Field). Based out of The Fischer Institute of Physical Therapy and Performance just south of the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, regardless of your goals and your sports needs, DAPA can put you in a position to get closer to those goals
- Developing clients of all ages and ALL SPORTS in becoming a DYNAMIC athlete
- We design programs that are based on research and science
- With proven movement and training principles specific to your sports needs we customize individual programs based on each athletes pre-test functional screening.
- With the benefits of training in a group complimenting your customized individual program your performance will improve at DAPA.
- Pre- and post-test functional screenings by licensed physical therapist for measuring session results.
Specialized education on:
- INJURY PREVENTION (prehab exercise), jumping and landing mechanics, dynamic mobility, periodization of training, over training/cross training, agility, speed, power, endurance, and strength to maximize athletic potential
- Developmentally appropriate program design for athletes of all ages. Although DAPA was founded with the purpose of offering the highest quality training for teenage athletes, we have multiple adult specific programs as well (see Programs and Pricing)
- Private sessions, group sessions, team training of young athletes and adult athlete training available
Ashley Sisson, DPT, PT, A.C.E. CPT
Ashley is a fitness enthusiast who became a certified personal trainer while receiving her B.S. in Pre-Physical Therapy from Loyola Marymount University. Before earning her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Mount St. Mary’s in Los Angeles she was the General Manager of a nationwide corporate gym. She currently works as a licensed physical therapist for the Fischer Institute.
Ashley was a standout club soccer player, a 4 year H.S. soccer letterman and starter for the varsity team at Eldorado High School in Albuquerque, NM. She competed on a nationally ranked club soccer team (Rio Vista Elite). She was the high scorer for her team during the Far West Regionals (Region IV) tournament when they took 1st place advancing as 1 of 4 teams to the National tournament. She was named the most “potent attacker” participating in the tournament. Top college soccer programs expressed interest in Ashley until she experienced multiple knee injuries. Her career ended short after tearing her ACL and meniscus and having 4 knee surgeries in 3.5 years. After spending much of her high school career working with physical therapists and athletic trainers, she pursued a career in physical therapy earning her Doctorate.
Ashley has a passion for youth sports and injury prevention and has directed pre-season strength and conditioning programs for youth football teams. She has also trained many clients of various levels including athletes in gyms and privately over the last 9 years. Due to her career ending injuries she wants to educate, train, and impact the youth athletics population to compete at a high level and prevent injuries assisting them in advancing their career. She is currently focusing her spare time on the youth sports performance and injury prevention programming in the greater Phoenix community.
Tim Church, M.Ed, CSCS, NASM-FNS
Coach Church has over 15 years of experience coaching and designing strength training programs for athletes of all ages, in multiple sports, and at every level.
Recently relocating from Hermosa Beach, California, he has spent the past 10 years playing professional beach volleyball; participating in every major professional tour in the U.S. (AVP, NVL, Corona Wide Open, Toyota Pro Beach Tour). In 2010 Church represented USA Beach Volleyball in international competition on the NORCECA-FIVB tour and in 2014 played professionally in Europe representing Ireland on the FIVB Tour as one half of their top beach volleyball team attempting to qualify for the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
Originally from Massachusetts, after grad school (Springfield College, M.Ed) he moved to California to pursue professional beach volleyball. While in California, Coach Church taught middle school and coached indoor and beach high school volleyball, working with some of the best high school and club athletes in the country.
Throughout his career Coach Church has worked with club national champions, high school All-Americans, NCAA All-Americans and National Champions, Olympians, as well as countless professional indoor and beach volleyball players. He is dedicated and passionate about working with anyone with a desire to maximize their athletic potential, but truly enjoys working with teenage athletes specifically.