2020/21 Pro Baseball OFF-SEASON TRAINING PROGRAM: 11/2/2020 – 2/26/2021
FOCUS ON THE COMPLETE ATHLETE
EFFICIENCY IN PHYSICAL EFFORT IS KEY WHEN COMPETING EVERY DAY. MOBILITY, STRENGTH, AND POWER ARE KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS, BEST UTILIZED WHEN COMBINED WITH ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE STRATEGIES IN AN ORGANIZED AND CONSISTENT PLAN.
OFF-SEASON TRAINING OBJECTIVES:
1. RECOVER FROM THE 2020 SEASON
2. IMPROVE PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE
3. INCREASE TOLERANCE TO STRESSORS OF SPORT
4. OPTIMALLY PREPARE EVERY ATHLETE FOR THE 2021 SEASON
TRAINING PRIORITY WILL BE ON ROTATIONAL POWER STARTING AT THE GROUND AND WORKING ITS WAY UP THE BODY TO THE ARM OR BAT – DEVELOPING THE GROUNDED ATHLETE.
WE PROVIDE A COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM FOCUSED ON THE WHOLE ATHLETE WHICH IS PITCHER/POSITION PLAYER SPECIFIC, AND INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING LAYERS OF EMPHASIS:
PREP/MOBILITY | STRENGTH/POWER | CORE | AGILITY/CONDITIONING | SPRINT ACCELERATION | DECELERATION
The program is led by our certified strength and conditioning coaches, Chip Gosewisch, CSCS, RSCC, FRCms and Charleston De La Cruz CSCS, USAW-1, FRCms. Athletes will also have access to our team of world-class physical therapists and athletic trainers for rehabilitation as needed.
The Fischer Institute boasts a facility built for the athlete. Take a tour by clicking here.
Square foot indoor turf field
Square foot strength and conditioning center
REGULATION CLAY MOUND, Oversized Outdoor Pitching/Batting Cage
3 small group start times:
9:00 | 10:30 | 12:00
8-10 athletes per training group
4-training days per week:
Monday | Tuesday | Thursday | Friday
Typically between 1.5–2 hours/day
Athlete physical evaluation (required):
- 10-point screen conducted by a physical therapist looking at injury history and areas of high stress/limitation found commonly in baseball athletes
- following eval, if necessary, athlete may receive soft tissue treatment prior to training session or be assigned an individual plan to address constraint(s) prior to daily training session
- Fischer’s world-class team of physical therapists work closely with the sports performance team to address athlete rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation and progression into functional training with ongoing communication to the athlete and their team’s athletic trainers
The 2020-21 Fischer Institute Baseball Off-season program will run from November 2, 2020 through February 26, 2021 (the start of Spring Training). Contact us today or register online to kick off your off-season training.
Weekly – Total of 4 training sessions: $240
5 weeks – Total of 20 training sessions: $900
10 weeks – Total of 40 training sessions: $1,600
Full off-season – Total of 60 training sessions: $2,100
Athlete Physical Evaluation with Fischer physical therapist (required): $55
15-minute soft tissue treatment: $55*
Athletes required to schedule in advance
*Additional treatment may require RX from doctor
In-house massage: fees vary
Need more info? Download our brochure to get all the details on the Fischer Institute Baseball Training!