Fischer Institute uses the Theragun to facilitate and enhance treatment of patients and athletes before, during, and after exercise programs. Fischer sports in now using the newest model the G2PRO that has some new features.
- Myofascial release therapy and localized relaxation message have been found to be beneficial in treating upper and lower extremity musculoskeletal dysfunctions . Both techniques can be applied and supplemented through the use of the Theragun.
- Several research studies have shown that massage therapy applied after repetitive exercises can help to reduce soreness and speed up recovery .
- The Theragun is being used by high level athletes across varies sports because of how they are feeling before, during, and after treatment sessions.
- Massage improves blood flow to the site of pain, thereby improving lactic acid clearance earlier and providing more efficient repair of micro-injuries to the muscles, connective tissues, and tendons .
- In people receiving STM it has been found they have an increase in the number of neutrophils – the type of white blood cells involved in tissue repair, and cortisol levels – another measurement that if elevated helps to reduce inflammation .
What is the Theragun?
The Theragun is a handheld device that vibrates at a high frequency with low amplitude of movement to stimulate muscles and help them perform more efficiently. Research has shown that muscle treatment leads to faster recovery from injuries and better overall performance. Fischer Institute utilizes the Theragun on a daily basis and our patients rave about the results.
Oakland Raiders, First Round Draft Selection, Gareon Conley using TheraGun pre-workout at Fischer Institute