If you have apple fruit, but it’s hard, so you must know about to make your apple soft, and can you freeze stewed apples?
The stewed apple is a simple apple that is softened in boiling water with sugar. There are different cooking apple recipes that you can make from stewed apples, such as apple crumble and apple pie.
You can serve the stewed apples warm or cold for topping on custard and ice cream.
Once you make a delicious recipe using stewed apples, maybe while eating, some are leftover. So you may have thoughts about storing, or freezing, to keep it fresh for a long time.
If you don’t have any idea how to store or freeze stewed apples, this article is for you.
Can You Freeze Stewed Apples
Yes, you can freeze stewed apples, but it would be better if you check the quality of the apples before freezing. Suppose you have many apples in bucket fruit so ensure to remove the spoiled ones.
If you have anyone bad apples in the all-fruit bucket, it may spoil the whole bucket. That’s why it’s recommended to remove the spoiled apples before freezing.
Stewing and freezing is the best way to preserve apples from bacteria growth.
Simple is that you can freeze stewed apples, now let’s dive to the freezing stewed apples.
How To Freeze Stewed Apples
Before freezing stewed apples check out them properly if they are hot, so it’s okay if you can directly freeze them, but many people freeze cold apples that sometimes do not freeze well.
Follow these instructions for freezing stewed apples.
- First of all, you need to make sure that your stewed apples are cold before freezing. Once you know that stewed apples are cold so move them into a large freezer-safe bag.
- To place the stewed apples into the freezer-safe bag, you have two options. You can put many apples in a bag that go on a bag, but it’s not recommended if you have any plan to make a pie or crumble in the future. Otherwise, if you don’t plan to make a pie or crumble, place more apples in the bag as you can.
- If you want to speed up the thawing process, then lay the bag down and spread the mixture out so everything will spread properly in the bag.
- Sealed the bag properly and squeeze out the air as much as possible.
- Place the bag in the freezer and label it so you will know the frozen date.
If you don’t have a sealable bag so you can use Silicone bags, which is the alternative to zip lock bags.
How Long Do Stewed Apples Last In The Fridge
|Stewed Apples Last For||1 Week||6-9 Months|
The stewed apples last for a week in the fridge. If you don’t have any plan to eat stewed apples within a week, then freeze them.
If you love to eat stewed apples daily, then don’t freeze them. Keep it in the refrigerator and eat two or more tablespoons on a daily basis.
Freezing Stewed Apples Shelf Life
The shelf life of stewed apples in the freezer is about 6-9 months. After that, they may change their texture and taste.
Consume stewed apples as soon as possible for better taste.
How To Deforest Stewed Apples
When it comes to deforesting stewed apples, so there are different ways of thawing stewed apples. I am motioning to both of them. You can select anyone.
- Place your stewed apple bag into the sink filled with room temperature water. This is the recommended method because this method works quickly.
- This is the slow method, but apply this method before a day because it takes 12-24 hours to thaw stewed apples. Take out the stewed apple bag from the freezer and place it in the fridge.
Many people use hot water to thaw stewed apples quickly, but it’s not recommended.
How To Stew Apples In a Microwave
- Take peeled, cored, and rinsed apples(4 large apples)
- Water(one tablespoon)
- Sugar(one tablespoon)
- Cut off the apples and add them to a microwave-proof dish. Now add water, sugar, and over the microwave into cling wrap. The cling wrap is used for sealing food items into the container. During cling wrap, make sure to leave the small gap that will escape the steam.
- Cook everything on high heat in the microwave for two minutes.
- After two minutes, take out the cover and stir it gently, and once again set the microwave on high heat for two minutes.
- I will recommend going with using the best apples that do not become brown.
- You can use this recipe in many other dishes such as Apple Pie, crumble, etc.
- Add spices according to your own choice.
- It’s recommended to use granny smith apples.
Many people love to add a spoon of lime juice. You can also add other ingredients to change the taste a bit.
Stewed Apples For Gut Health
The stomach and intestine work together that allow humans to eat and digest food without any discomfort. Did you know stewed apples are full of fiber? That’s why the stewed apples help to prevent constipation.
If I talk about insoluble fiber, they do not dissolve in water, and the foods move through the gastrointestinal tract. The insoluble fiber contains cellulose and hemicellulose.
The soluble fiber is dissolved in water and increases the water content. The soluble fiber contains plant pectin and gums.
These are the symptoms of an unhealthy gut.
- Your stomach may have upset.
- Fatigue and sleep disturbance.
- Skin irritations.
- Food intolerances.
- Autoimmune conditions
Stewed apples are beneficial for gut health, but how can you improve gut health instead of stewed apples?
Stewed Apples Ayurveda?
How to Use Stewed Apples?
There are different ways to use stewed apples; a few of them are given below.
- You can use it as a topping.
- Serve stewed apples with custard and vanilla ice cream.
- Popping on the top of oatmeal.
How Do You Eat Stewed Apples?
You can eat stewed apples in many ways, such as it can be eaten as a snack, or dessert, or used as a meal substitute. You can cook stewed apples in a day or evening and keep them in the fridge to keep it fresh.
Can you freeze stewed fruit?
Fruits including apples, pears, and feijoa can be preserved well by stewing. Frozen for later use, keep them in the fridge and consume within a few days.
That was all about can you freeze stewed apples. After reading the whole article now, you may know the proper method of freezing stewed apples.
Don’t keep the stewed apples in the fridge for more than a week if I talk about freezing so you can freeze stewed apples for 6-9 months in the freezer.
While deforesting stewed apples, I have mentioned two methods you can follow anyone in both of them.
Stewed apples have a high amount of fiber that helps to preserve constipation and many other diseases.
Do you love jack daniel’s candied apples recipe? Here are the instructions.